This one pan savory dish can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner, so get cooking!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp chili powder
¼ tsp red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper (optional for those who like some heat)
1 tsp cumin
¼ tsp salt
1 28-ounce can whole peeled or diced tomatoes
6 large eggs
1 small bunch cilantro, chopped
Feta cheese, crumbled
Crusty bread or toasted pita for serving
1. Heat olive oil in large pan over medium high heat. Add the chopped bell pepper and onion. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until onion becomes tender and translucent.
2. Add garlic and spices. Stir together and cook for about 1 minute.
3. Pour the can of tomatoes (with juice) into the pan. If using whole peeled tomatoes, gently break down tomatoes with a spatula or spoon. Bring the sauce up to a simmer.
4. Once simmering, use your spoon to make 6 wells in the sauce to hold the eggs. Crack an egg into each well. Cover the pan and cook 5-8 minutes, or cook uncovered for 8-10 minutes.
5. Garnish with cilantro and sprinkle crumbled feta over the top. Serve with crusty bread or pita on the side.