Updated: May 6
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo from your kitchen with these veggie packed tacos!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Servings: 4-6 tacos (street taco size)
2 large sweet potatoes, cubed into 1/2” pieces
1 14-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
1-2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp kosher salt, plus a pinch or two more for the beans
1 lime, juiced
Tortillas (I recommend street taco size)
Chipotle Lime Crema
½ cup Greek yogurt
1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
1 Tbsp lime juice
½ tsp kosher salt
Simple Avocado Mash (Optional)
1 lime, juiced
Large pinch of Kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Place sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Toss with olive oil.
3. In a separate small bowl, mix together chili powder, ground cumin, paprika, garlic powder and Kosher salt. Sprinkle over the sweet potato and toss to combine. Add lime juice over top and toss to coat.
4. Place potatoes onto a baking sheet. Make sure you don’t crowd the baking sheet and there’s room between the potatoes. A second baking sheet may be needed.
5. Roast sweet potatoes for 15 minutes. Stir, then roast for another 10 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Add black beans to sheet pan and sprinkle with a pinch or two of Kosher salt. Return pan to the oven and heat beans through for another 3-5 minutes.
6. Prepare taco extras while the veggies cook.
a. Chipotle Lime Crema: Combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. Chill in fridge until ready to serve!
b. Tortillas: While the veggies are roasting, you can warm some tortillas to really amp up this dish! Wrap 5-6 tortillas in foil and place in oven for 5 minutes to warm through.
c. Guac: Trust me, guac is necessary for these tacos! Make your own or open a
container from the fridge!
7. Assemble! Put a large dollop of guac in the middle of your warmed tortilla. Top with a large scoop of the sweet potato and black bean mixture. Drizzle Chipotle Lime Crema over the top. Garnish with fresh cilantro or red onion.
8. Dig in!